Playing the Course
Located at Baltray, formerly a fisherman’s village at the mouth of the River Boyne, north of the medieval town of Drogheda, County Louth Golf Club was established in 1892.
The golf course sits on a 190-acre site of seaside links terrain and has built a reputation of being one of the finest and most enjoyable courses in Ireland. The present layout remains largely unchanged from the design laid out by renowned architect Tom Simpson in 1938.
County Louth Golf Club
The course has two nine hole loops. A remarkable feature of the layout as it winds its way through the dunes is that players seldom feel that any two holes play in exactly the same direction.
Gentlemen have the option of testing their skills from a number of different teeing areas, ranging from Championship Blue tees (7,031 yards) Medal/White Tees (6,716 yards) and the more benign Green Tees (6,338 yards), while the Ladies course, played from the Red tees, presents a strong challenge at 5,873 yards.