Join Executive Golf & Leisure for the International Pairs Championship in St. Andrews, October 2019 and enjoy some of the worlds greatest links courses.
Held from 15th – 19th October 2019, this is one of the best events available to any golfer.
Grab your favourite playing partner and head to the Home of Golf for a truly memorable event.
- 4 Nights at the 5 Red Star Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa, St Andrews (based on 2 sharing an Eden Room for twin or double occupancy – Room / Suite upgrades & single supplements on request)
- Full Scottish breakfast each morning
- Private welcome drinks party with canapes
- Traditional Scottish Gala Dinner with wines, guest speaker & Prizegiving
- 1 practice round at The Jubilee Course, St. Andrews
- 3 tournament rounds of Championship golf at Carnoustie Golf Links, Kingsbarns Golf Links and The Old Course, St. Andrews
- 54 hole International Pairs Championship with team prizes
- Putting Tournament on the St. Andrews Himalayas putting green
- VIP golfers gifts from Executive Golf & Leisure
- Souvenir photograph from the 1st tee at St Andrews Old Course
- Event Fully escorted and managed by Executive Golf & Leisure representatives
Please Note: GROUND TRANSPORT – Transfers are NOT included in the above package however we will be delighted to arrange either a rental car or a private chauffeur driven vehicle for all your transfer requirements.
The International Pairs Championship is a 54 hole team event and will be contested over 3 championship rounds of golf. Each team will consist of 2 golfers. (Handicap Limits: Gents max 24, ladies max 36.). There will be alternative daily competition formats resulting in an overall 54 hole competition result which will be calculated using a cumulative points tally. A daily ‘sweep’ will also be in operation for each round of golf.
Wednesday 16th October 2019:
Championship Round 1: Kingsbarns Golf Links
Format – Texas Shamble (Best 1 nett score at each hole to count as the team score)
Each team member plays their tee shot on each hole. The best tee shot (as determined by the team) is chosen and both players play their 2nd shots from that location. Each team member is then responsible for playing their own ball from where that ball comes to rest for the remainder of the hole until they hole out. The best individual nett score for each player in the team is used as the team score for each individual hole. This process continues through each hole and an overall score for each team is calculated to give the total team score.
Thursday 17th October 2019:
Championship Round 2: Carnoustie Championship Course
Format – Stableford (Best 1 nett score at each hole to count as the team score)
Each player plays against the par of each hole and receives points according to how they score in relation to par. At the end of 18 holes, the number of points gained at each hole is added together to give the total team points score.
Friday 18th October 2019:
Championship Round 3: The Old Course, St. Andrews
Format – 2 Ball Better Ball Stroke Play (Best 1 nett score at each hole to count as the team score)
Each team member plays their own ball throughout the play of each hole. The best individual nett score for each player in the team is used as the team score for each individual hole. This process continues through each hole and an overall score for each team is calculated.